The COVID-19 pandemic forced practitioners in early intervention and early childhood special education to adopt new ways to conduct assessments. Using technology to administer assessments remotely provided new ways to learn about what children know and can do in everyday situations but it also presented challenges. An unanswered question is can early childhood capitalize on the opportunities technology provides for authentic assessment while addressing issues such as unequal access to technology, limited internet access, and security concerns.
Work with INTECA
We’re looking for Part C and 4 to 6 Part B 619 states to serve as partner states. Being a partner state means
- State staff will participate in group listening sessions or individual interviews and, later in the project, review of draft frameworks and products
- State staff will identify 2 to 3 local programs/districts in the state that have an interest in using technology for authentic assessment (that is, have used or are currently using or would be interested in using technology in the future). Individuals in these communities will be invited to participate in group listening sessions or individual interviews and, later in the project, review of draft frameworks and products
We want to talk with
- State and local administrators
- IT professionals (knowledgeable about data security policies)
- Professional development staff
- Family members of young children participating in Part C or Part B 619
We also are interested in talking with individuals at the state or local level who are not in partner states but who have experiences with using technology for early childhood assessment and would be willing to talk about their experiences.
If you are a Part C or Part B, 619 Coordinator and are interested in being a partner state, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Or if you are not a coordinator, but are someone who has experience with technology and assessment, and are interested in sharing your experiences, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.