Purpose of INTECA
The purpose of the project is to increase the body of knowledge on equitable and innovative approaches for implementing and integrating technology into informal and formal authentic early childhood assessments and to build capacity of the field to use technology to support authentic assessment through disseminating tools, methods, and frameworks.
What INTECA is doing
Over three years, the project will:
- Conduct a review of the literature on use of technology to support authentic assessment in Part C and Part B 619 (including screening, eligibility determination, and monitoring progress)
- Collect information from state staff, local program staff, and families about their experiences with technology and assessment to identify:
- Ways in which technology can support assessment
- The barriers to the use of technology
- The solutions and supports needed for successful implementation.
- Develop and disseminate materials including decision making frameworks for use by state agencies, local programs, practitioners, and families